Monday, June 1, 2009

g.f.t.

Thursday was amazingly awesome. The Magnificent 7's put on a great show. I loved the dude totally rockin out and givin 'er on the mandolin. The Farrell Brothers were great. One of the brothers has this amazing white stand-up bass. Its the prettiest/most gorgeous thing EVER! It had incredible pinstripe detailing, and the cut out where the sound comes out, was red. It was great. I totally fell in love with that bass.

There was one unnecessary moment of the night, where I got to see a guys junk in front of the stage, and I believe his girlfriend (I'm hoping his girlfriend, and not some random girl) than tea bagged him. Of all the things I could've went my life without seeing, that's definitely up there. They were right in front of the stage and it was impossible not to look, it took all of my concentration to keep my eyes on the stage. It was much like watching a train wreck.

They disappeared shortly after their display, thankfully. It was then Subcity's time to come on and bring the house down. It was a sold out show, and was absolutely amazing. At some points the dance floor suddenly transformed into a mosh pit, but it was cool, someone stomped on my ankle, and it bruised and swole up a bit. Nothing I can't handle, and I just like complaining about small things. They were great, played some new stuff, played some great old stuff. I skanked/danced the whole time they were on. I love them, so freaking much.

Among the other good news I got Thursday, was my DVD The Last Boy Scout, had arrived at CD Plus, I was thankful for that. My mom also called me to wish me a happy belated birthday. During that conversation, I talked my way into a brand new laptop. I'm totally stoked. She's sending it to me this Friday. Now I'll be able to update this thing from home and not work.

I'm getting a mac book, the only thing that sucks about it, I won't really be able to game on it. However it'll do wonders for my recording. That's what I most want it for, so I can record, and also for when I take over the radio show in a few weeks, I'll be able to research music. I'm really excited.

My weekend was pretty uneventful. I started reading The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy on Tuesday, I finished reading it last night. I co-hosted Only Cowards Sing At Night, with Jocelyn last night. That was fun, I hadn't really been listening to music all week (reading and going to shows), so we mostly played her music, I believe I picked 3 or 4 songs to play.

This time next week, I shall be in Saskatoon, getting ready to see Rancid. Like oh my god!! I've been waiting years to see them, and I get to see them TWICE this month alone! We're heading off to Saskatoon on Sunday, and returning on Tuesday. The new Rancid CD comes out tomorrow, I should definitely pick that up before next week.

On another note, just so I don't forget the new CKY album came out a week or two ago, and they're coming to Winnipeg, June 22nd. I must go. I should buy my tickets sooner rather than later.

I'm just really looking forward to my new laptop, and the things that it'll bring me. It'll bring me awesome new music, let me create awesome (hopefully) new music. Just hopefully the new laptop will help inspire rather than inhibit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment