Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thoughts

I just read that David Carradine committed suicide. I'm dumbfounded. I loved him. Why would someone at 73 years of age, think that now's the time. It came from out of nowhere and is totally unexpected. I feel the need to now go and rent Kung Fu on DVD and watch the entire series. I'm sure sales will go up because of this. I don't want to buy it and contribute to the masses.

That's one thing I can never totally understand, and I don't think any of us will. Why would someone want to take their own life. Well I've just read more about it now, apparently it was an accidental hanging. I think we all know what that means. He went out the same way as Michael Hutchence, from INXS. Kinky.

Too many different stories on this event. Some say accidental, others say suicide. I still don't get suicide. I've known a few people who've left the world in this manner. I can't say I haven't thought about it myself. But what drives someone to think that there's nothing left, and that they're absolutely done and spent? I've thought I've been at that point before, but I realised there was so much left for me to live for. I have way too much unfinished business.

Why do people think that all their business is finished, or that there's nothing left to accomplish? I've felt that way at times, but there's something inside me that compels me to live and to keep on striving for better things. I wish other people had this in them, and didn't feel so helpless and hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment