Friday, April 24, 2009

Stories

Last night I had a great time at the Shout Out Out Out Out show at the Pyramid. It was pretty kick ass. I liked the first time they played better. They were playing a lot of new stuff, I preferred the music from before.

The last time I seen them, and the first time I seen them, was immediately after I seen Bob Dylan in concert. I love Bob Dylan to death, he's one of the great song writers of our time, and ever. But his show was very mellow, and had a bland energy, as it was a big arena type show. So then I venture, to a smaller venue to see this other band play, and they had such amazing energy, that night, I was more entertained by them, than Bob Dylan. It's like comparing apples and oranges really. Energy and entertainment wise, they definitely gave me my moneys worth. So I was telling someone this story after the show. Before I know it the band tells me they're documenting their travels, so I'm made to repeat my story about how they're better than Bob Dylan. I'm semi hoping it doesn't make the video they decide to put together. Another part of me is hoping it makes it on there, me making a drunken ass of myself, comparing apples and oranges.

I found out a few days ago that one of my favourite bands, Eagles of Death Metal is coming to town. I'm so excited. I love them so much. Their music just makes me want to dance and have fun. The energy they have on their albums is so fun and light. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, here's hoping I score some. I'm sure I will, because not many people have heard of them. They do seem to be getting more and more popular though. I'm totally stoked. I can't wait to get tickets, and I was just talking a few months ago how much I wanted to see them.

There's just so much music stuff that keeps on popping up lately, it's just like whoa. It's all coming together at the right time and place. Everything is slowly falling into place. I think it's all unfolding the way it should be. With all this awesome music coming to me, and me going to it, and seeking it. It's totally inspiring me. I believe all these events happening, will help me find the type of artist I want to be, or at least give me a bit of insight. If I gain nothing else, at the very least, I'll be having a great time with awesome friends, listening and watching amazing music.

No comments:

Post a Comment