Monday, April 6, 2009

The Game

Friday I went to visit a friend, that was fun. Heard some awesome new music. We listened to my Tommy Guerrero Cd, along with another album of his. I was also introduced to this band called Little Joy. It's the drummer from The Strokes, and this other person from a Brazilian band called Los Hermanos. I really enjoy them. They're really cool and chill. I believe I now need to find their Cd and what not. On Saturday I worked all day, and wasn't enjoying it. I tried to read but there was a constant influx of people. My Saturday night was very chill, I hid out in my room all evening, listening to music and reading The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists written by Neil Strauss. I finished it last night. It's such an amazing book. I really enjoy Neil's style of writing. I've read a few of the books he's ghostwritten in the past. I love writers, who write the way they talk. It's just so easy to follow and pulls you in. Yesterday I went for one of my volunteer workshops at the radio station. I need to do another one or two. Then I'll be an official volunteer. Hurrah! It was good fun times. Last night was much the same as Saturday, I hid in my room, finished reading The Game, and listened to more music. I'm just playing some background music right now, and I'm you tubing Little Joy. I'm really enjoying them more, actually listening to them. I most definitely need to go out and get their album. I'm so tired. I think after work tonight, if all goes according to plan, I'll arrive home, take a nap for an hour or two. Get up, then get ready go go watch Inward Eye at The Albert tonight. It should be a kick ass show, it's free of charge. Doors open at 9, I don't have to be at work until 1:30 tomorrow. It's totally perfect. Hopefully I can get it. If we go too late, I'm sure it'll be packed. But I don't want to be one of the first people there. Ugh the dilemma, having to keep up the image of being cool, without being too cool that you show up so late there's no way of getting in. And saying that just made me the uncoolest person in the room. Haha. Knowing myself though a nap won't happen tonight, and I'll just be uber exhausted tomorrow. Which I can totally deal with. The plan is definitely to rest up before the show, though. Tonight I shall work my game at the show, learning what I learned from the book I've been reading. Who am I kidding, I don't need a book to help me with my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment