Saturday, December 26, 2009

Signs

Found my guitar tuner a few days back. That made me happy. It was a sign for me to start playing again. Tuned up my guitar, but by then it was time for bed. Tried playing a few chords. Very rusty, must practice.

Listening to this one song from Buck 65's Dirtbike 3 non-stop. So amazingly good.
The way you look at me sometimes, could melt the snow. Also the song Windsor Beer by The Crooked Brothers. It makes me want to head to the Windsor, have a few beer, and listen to the blues. Just sounds like home. I'll get Windsor drunk, and start thinking Windsor clear. Now that I have loved you, love will never be the same. Drinking for me often brings this weird sense of clarity. When it should be making things more muddled. I think too much.

I am actually sober writing this at 5:30 am. Usually when I'm up this late, I'm in an altered state of mind. Decided to give my liver a break today. Plus I took way too many naps, so that fucked up my sleep. It would've been fine, but there's so many people here. Playing musical beds. My niece hi-jacked my first bed, so I optioned the couch. People came in drunk, told me to go downstairs and sleep. I did, however about 20 minutes later, they had since forgot. Came downstairs and booted me out of that bed. Tried the couch again. That didn't work. I believe I have slept for about an hour tonight. I might try the couch again, but it doesn't seem promising.

Christmas was good. Got a new digital camera, a Wii, a Wii Fit Plus, a dress shirt and a gift card for more clothes. Hope to make it back into the city tomorrow in time for some Boxing Day shopping. Need to pick up a few things before I head out to Mexico on the 27th.

Did the last show of the year this past Sunday. It was fun, got to play what I've been listening to over the past week or two, or even the past year. Won't be doing the show this Sunday as I'll be in Mexico. Might make it back in time to do the first show of the year on January 3rd, however, I am unaware what time my flight gets back in.

Trying to convince myself to buy $350 headphones. Don't think I'll win that argument. So glad I'm not trying to sleep right now, said people keep on walking up and down the stairs, and passing through the couch area.

I'm still breathing, my heart's still beating...my thoughts cannot stop racing. Sleep. Music. Lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment