Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mixed Bag

A lot has happened in the past week or two.

I lost one of my cousins. She was the prettiest thing in the world. She had beautiful hazel-green eyes. She was the life of the party. I hadn't really seen her in the past few years. The last time I seen her, she was definitely the life of the party. She had the cutest littlest boy ever. I grew up with her, and she was an amazing person. Whenever you seen her she had the greatest smile on her face. I grew up with her, in the same household from time to time. I've known her since she was a baby. She'll forever be loved and missed, by her friends and family. Rest in peace Courtney.

Other than that, I went to my reserve for the funeral. There was a lot of people there. I got to see a lot of people that I grew apart from, and burned bridges with. It was nice trying to rebuild those relationships. It was a shitty reason why we were all together in one place. But I got to reconnect with many people I had left behind for whatever dumb reason at the time. I got to apologise and hopefully make amends and rebuild bridges that I burned.

I spent some time with my sister while I was out there, and we had a really great time together. I was thoroughly impressed, when the two of us get together, sometime a scene can be built or something. This time it went very swimmingly, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with my sister in the future.

On Friday night I went to this party on my reserve it was off the hook. There was guys there playing their guitars. It was so much fun. They played music all night long. They were playing the most amazing music. The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Foo Fighters, etc. Almost every song we requested they would play. It was totally inspiring. They had two guitars going, one guy would play lead and the other would play rhythm. There was probably 5+ guitar players, and they just rotated the line-up for the song changes. It was a really awesome vibe. So much so I didn't want to leave the party, I ended up staying until Saturday afternoon at 3. I was complimenting one of the guys on his guitar playing and mentioned I had been writing some music recently. That got him to open up, and he played me a few tunes he penned himself. They were pretty killer, and I'm very impressed with the talent my small reservation has to offer.

When I got back home on Sunday, the weekend gave me inspiration to pick up my guitar again. I haven't really touched it in over a month. But this week I've played with it at least once a day. It definitely refreshed me, from my stalemate of practicing.

A friend and I have actually started a band. We plan to get together in the next little while, and collaborate on some song writing. Our band doesn't have a name as of yet, but when we do find one I'm sure it'll be a killer name. We haven't really jammed yet either. The band is in the development stage. But at least I finally belong to one.

I also got some more awesome news on Sunday. One of my friends has a radio show, and she's going away for the summer, so she asked if I could take over her radio show, come July. I'm really stoked for that. It should expose me to awesome new music, and get my name out there. Over the next month and a bit, I'll be sitting in on her radio show and learning the ins and outs. I'm really nervous and excited for this. More excited than nervous, but I'm sure a week or two before I take over the show, the nerves will kick in hardcore!

I just want to end this by saying Rest In Peace to a beautiful angel - Courtney Arica Jack. I hope you're happier now, than you ever were. You'll forever be missed and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment