Thursday, December 26, 2013

A long time coming....

Guess who's back? Back again?

That's right. It's your dear old friend Ms. Charlie Prescott. A lot has happened in the almost 3 years since I've updated this thing. And I feel that now is the right time. A comment I made tonight in passing made me realise how much things have changed.

I got a mandoline for Christmas. Charlie of years past, would've gotten a mandolin. I made the comment "I can't wait to play with my mandoline later, cutting vegetables, and not making music".

I haven't written in years. I've been too busy to miss it until lately, I'm trying to reclaim, my life and reclaim me and Charlie. So the update. I quit marijuana, because I was pregnant. I'm now the proud mother of the most gorgeous and hilarious 2 year old girl. She's my life. Also I mentioned missing a doctors appointment, and going to get the results now that I had other medical concerns (me having a child, namely).

The results weren't good. I was tentatively diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. A follow up MRI after the birth of my child, confirmed the diagnosis. My relationship fell apart. So here I am, a single mother, with relapsing - remitting Multiple Sclerosis, and I'm the happiest I've been in years. I'm determined to live my life on my terms, and to be happy and content in my choices from here on out.

I've adopted a Paleo lifestyle in the past few months, and am feeling great. My energy levels have been so up. Luckily so far the only thing the MS has effected is the loss of sight in my eye in May 2010 (which I regained), and my energy. I've starting working out, I conveniently work at a gym, and am slowly rediscovering my old self (minus the booze problem). I've never been so focused on a goal, it's not even a goal. I'd just like to be healthy and mobile as long as possible, so my daughter doesn't remember a gimpy mom.

So that's my life in a nutshell, in the past 3 years. Hopefully I'll be back here more often. I'd like to start writing again, and I believe more inspiration will be arriving shortly, I don't know who or what it'll be, but I can feel something changing or coming.

Also to all the assholes who've been trying to hijack my Charlie Prescott google id. Fuck off. I got this bitch on lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment