Sunday, October 4, 2009

Absent

Wow. It's been forever since I updated this thing. Last thing I posted about was AC/DC. It's not like my life has been terribly busy. Just been spending a lot of time outdoors. September was such a beautiful month. It was our summer. Lots of fun times spent at The Forks, after dark, with some good company and some beer. I'm not much of a beer drinker. But it's been growing on me.

Went to less than a handful of shows in the past month. Didn't get to see most of the awesome shows that have passed through lately. I did get to see The Hold Steady. So awesome. I love their music. One night me and Jocelyn went to see The Angry Dragons. It was a small show, it was awesome, we got to dance barefoot on the dance floor. I loved it, they did a Cramps cover, and I love The Cramps. They played again this past Friday.

There was so much awesome stuff happening on Friday, but I was way too tired and beat to do anything. So I missed The Pie Fight in the exchange. I missed Quagmire and The Angry Dragons at the Albert, and Moses Mayes at The Pyramid. I still have yet to see Moses Mayes. I really want to, I just want to go out dancing. I had so much fun last time dancing at The Angry Dragons.

Went to see A Wilhelm Scream at The Pyramid on Thursday. That was awesome. I don't know much about them, and haven't heard their music before that night. I got there was this dude on the patio, and he was talking about this awesome Simpsons episode he had just seen. I was eavesdropping and I was giggling at his story. And then he started going on about how awesome Zoidberd is. So I thought this was a pretty cool dude. When Wilhelm took the stage, it was the lead singer. It made me like them so much more. Almost everything for me relates to The Simpsons. They were great! Better than Bob Dylan...is apparently the new joke for shows happening at The Pyramid.

Speaking of being better than Bob Dylan, the band where this whole thing started is playing at The Pyramid on the 13th. I'm stoked. I love Shout Out Out Out Out. That's a good dancy time! I'm definitely dragging myself out of the house for that one. I need to read my Uptown magazine and figure out what's going on this month. Must make a plan.

The show went well today. I liked the way everything turned out. Random CD's that somehow, and wonderfully come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment